Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] greg.hingsbergen@gmail.com is offline

Default Global 'Lookup' Ideas

One of my clients has an ever changing list of events that they are
working with. I need to pull information about those events into
various different workbooks.

I am planning on building a custom function that pulls the needed
information from a master spreadsheet [i.e.
=EventInfo("EventCode",EventDate) would give me the planned date of the
selected event].

Does anyone have any better ideas for formulaically retrieving specific
field data into Excel from a remote master database?

Also, it needs to be something I can do via Office Professional in a
small office environment (i.e. not SharePoint or any other enterprise
type solutions).