Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephanie Stephanie is offline

Default Crash due to worksheet order?

Thanks! Of course it's going to take some more investigation, but something
along those line could definitely explain it. That gives me at least a
direction to go in investigation.

"Peter T" wrote:

See if something might be relevant here

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsd.htm

in particular the links to Dependency trees, Calculation process and UDF's

Regards,
Peter T

"Stephanie" wrote in message
Thanks Jim, it's at least good to know that it's probably not being caused

by
essbase. We actually have a generator that writes the code, and I have run

it
through there which removes and re-writes the code. I did go ahead and try
the code cleaner too, but unfortunately I still get the crash.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Essbase is (in all likelyhood) not be the cause of your problems. I have

been
using it for years with no real problems. There are some issues with

Essbase
but nothing that will crash a sheet in the manner you have discussed.

You can
try Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner to see if that will rectify the problem...

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Stephanie" wrote:

I've got a very strange issue where on some computers, the workbook

opens
just fine, but on others, Excel crashes as soon as it opens and says:
"Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are

sorry
for the inconvenience."
If I change the order of some of some hidden worksheets on one of the
computers where it does still work, and then reopen it on the ones

where it
had crashed, it's okay. While I do have this work-around for the time

being,
I'm also seeing some similar issues, and would like to try and figure

out the
underlying cause.
We make heavy use of macros, and the third party components from

Hyperion
Essbase.

Thanks!
Stephanie