Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] eyeman6513_2000@yahoo.com is offline

Default Almost there

For the record, I didn't take offense, I got the answer that I needed,
I have saved HOURS of work as a result, thank you all for your help.
NickHK wrote:
It wasn't meant to be too mean, but the OP did ask "I am missing something
basic here, what is it?".
The answer, I felt, was Yes.

NickHK

"Bob Phillips" bl...
Dunno, made me smile, and the OP didn't seem to take offence.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jim Jackson" wrote in message
Your response seems a bit harsh. Remember not all participants have the

same
knowledge as you or I. We're here to be helpful.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"NickHK" wrote:

Yes, not reading the error message.
It tells you are missing an "End With" before the "End Sub".

NickHK

wrote in message
ups.com...
I got help from the group last night in how to give the file a
dynamic
file name using a macro, I was given the following VB CODE:

Sub test()

Dim Path As String

Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Richard Sabbara\Desktop\"

With ActiveWorkbook
.SaveAs Filename:=Path & .Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("C1").Value
&
".xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", _
WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False

End Sub

Now the problem that I am having is more basic, when I try and run

this
macro, I get the error message:

Compile Error: Expected End With

I am missing something basic here, what is it?

Thanks,

Richard