Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default calling sounds in VBA for Excel2003

Const SND_SYNC = &H0
Const SND_ASYNC = &H1
Const SND_FILENAME = &H20000

Private Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" _
(ByVal lpszName As String, _
ByVal hModule As Long, _
ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

Sub PlayWAVFile(Optional Async As Boolean = True)
Dim WavFile As String
WavFile = "tada.wav"
WavFile = "C:\Windows\Media\" & WavFile
If Async Then
Call PlaySound(WavFile, 0&, SND_ASYNC Or SND_FILENAME)
Else
Call PlaySound(WavFile, 0&, SND_SYNC Or SND_FILENAME)

HTH

Bob Phillips

"JLGWhiz" wrote in message
Based on what I can glean from other threads, it seems that I could not

call
the tada.wav using VBA code in Excel 2003. If this is not true, what is

the
code. I have tried the XL2000 code and it did not work. Thanks.