Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
InventoryQueryGuy InventoryQueryGuy is offline

Default Macro to rename .doc

Hi,
I'm hoping that I can get some help here. I haven't written an excel macro
before. There is one goal that I am trying to accomplish:
I have two colums in a table, Old_Number and New_Number, then I have a
separate file with word documents that are named and saved under the old
number. Now there is not an Old_Number for every New_Number.

Is it possible to run down the Old_Number column, and everywhere that a
value appears, to have excel open up that particular document and perform a
'save as' function under the name of New_Number, maybe even into a new folder?

Any input is much appreciated :)