Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ChasAA ChasAA is offline

Default Having a cell equal a specific day of the week?

Hello Again,
Dont' bother using my formula. Use the one suggested by Neik. If you paste
that in a cell it will always give you previous Friday.

Nice One Neik, but I dont really understand how and why it works. I know
that the 6 signifies Friday. Please explain if you dont mind

ChasAA

"nbaj2k" wrote:

I think I'm looking for more of what the first response was, not
necessarily a code, but something I can put in a sell sort of like

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY()-6)

I'm just not sure exactly what that means and what number I have to put
in for it to equal a certain day sorry!

Could someone just explain it?

Thanks,

~J