Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick-B[_2_] Nick-B[_2_] is offline

Default Icons for attachments added via VBA

Thanks Gary, I did some similar tests this afternoon and was coming to
the same conclusion as you. My concern here is that strings like
"{00020409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}" in the path will not be the
same across different machines, which is essential for me.

Looking at this further this evening it looks like you can simply
specify the executable name without any path (eg:"excel.exe" for a
spreadsheet) and get the default icon for it, which avoids having to
specify the installer path. Unfortunately I will still have to have a
switch statement for at least the main types of file.

Thanks again for your help.

Nick

--
Nick-B