Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default How to download a .txt file...?

Hi Tim,

Tim Armstrong wrote:
Two questions:
1 - where I put the URL

You just need to call the subroutine like this:

CopyFileViaHTTP "<URL of txt file", "<local path for txt file"

You can pass in True for the optional 3rd argument if you want to overwrite
an existing text file (if one exists).

2 - if I select the references and I need to open in other computer,
IŽll hav to active those references, ok?

The code I provided is late bound, so you don't need references set in your
project. The code in the previous thread (to which I linked) was early
bound, so it did require references. I'd suggest using the late bound code
(in this thread).

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com