Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lightspeed lightspeed is offline

Default "Highlight" Entire Row while entering data

I enter spreadsheet data across extremely long rows. I have frozen
important reference data from column A. The trouble is that when I key
in data on the right side of the screen, it's difficult to distinguish
if i'm on the correct row. The spreadsheet has already used up all the
contitional formatting, so coloring even/odd rows won't help me either.

I would love something that puts a hard underline under the entire row
when any cell of that row is selected, and then removes the line when
the cell is unselected. --like using a ruler to read a hardcopy. I
don't use the hard underline anywhere else in the document, so there is
no need to recall the pre-selected status.

any ideas?