Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
austanley austanley is offline

Default need help

Hi,

I have, say, three columns and ten rows data, so totally thirty cell
of data. And some of the data appeared once, twice, three times or eve
four times.
What I need to do is assign a unique number to each row. If the sam
data appeared twice in two rows, these two rows will share the sam
unique number.If the same data appeared three times, these one, two o
three rows will share the same unique number.....
I am not sure if this can be done by VBA, say, if the data siz
increase in the future.
Anyone can help me or give me some hints?
Thanks a lot

--
austanle
austanley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3592