Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cooldyood[_7_] cooldyood[_7_] is offline

Default Question about using FIND in macros

I have 2 questions about using the Find function in macos.

1) My macro uses Find to search for text and highlights the cel
containing the text. If the text is not found, it throws an error. Ho
can I avoid the error and just continue with the macro? There'
probably an IF clause to be used.

2) If the text is found, it then activates the cell next to it, an
populates it with a value from another tab. Currently, the cel
location in the other tab is hardcoded but I'd like to use the fin
function during referencing that tab. Is this possible? For ex: instea
of saying Range("A1") = Sheet1!("D1"), I want to say Range("A1")
Sheet1!<find text "abc" in column 3 and get the value in the cell nex
to it

As always, thanks a ton

--
cooldyoo