CLR

Of course changes are possible.........almost anything can be done in Excel,
one way or another. As for specific advice, we really can't do that with
the information you've provided so far. If you would like to post back
(no attachments please) with an example of a formula that is being "messed
up" by the sorting, maybe we can help.......on the other hand, sometimes you
can just add a new column with sequential numbers in it that will represent
the present configuration of the data so all can be returned to normal by
just sorting on that new column after other sorts for analysis.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"kate" wrote in message
We hired a private party to do a cost study for us and the worksheet is

over
1700 pages long. We need to be able to add a column for customer names

and
sort data by those customer names or by part number, etc. However, we

cannot
do any of that as it then throws everything off. Is it possible for us

make changes to how the sheet was set up so that we can sort data and

insert
columns without messing up the formulas? (Using Excel 2000)