Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default Excel 2000 to 2003, Resources for Compatability?

DS -

In my opinion, the single most important guideline for your situation is to
develop in Office 2000 and test in Office 2003.

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"DS" wrote in message
Hi all,

We're upgrading from Office 2000 to 2003 shortly, and I've been having a
look through these forums to see if I can expect any issues with the
upgrade
affecting workbooks written for 2000. I've seen quite a few items where
these
are "niggly issues" - and small amendments are all that's required to make
items work in 2003, usually due to tighter controls being in place in
2003.

In order to pre-empt a lot of posts along the lines of "this code works in
2000, but not now, HELP"....... does anyone know of an online resource (or
decent reference book) which has details regarding the changes that I
might
expect?

I'd rather be aware of any necessary changes ahead of time so that I can
prepare ahead if possible, minimise impact on users, and avoid my
frustration
trying to figure out what's wrong - not to mention wasting valuable time
of
members here with a string of questions and code queries once I hit any
problems!

Many thanks in advance
DS