Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default sum a column based on multiple other columns being true

Sofia

You can use a multiple criteria sum function (array function) like:

{=SUM(($A$2:$A$5="Jul")*($B$2:$B$5="Smith")*$C$2:$ C$5)}

This is entered as an array function (shift-ctl-enter). Athough, a
sumif function looks intuitively like something that should work, it
does not work with multiple criteria as you a have.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

sofia wrote:
I am trying to sum amounts based on meeting multiple criteria in other
colums. I saw the response to the "contruction guy" posted here, but it does
not work for my information?

Month Client Amt
Jul Smith 5
Jul Smith 2
Aug Smith 3
Aug Scott 10

I want to calculate total amount per client each month using "sum" and "if"
statements.

Thank you,

sofia