Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jason Jason is offline

Default Distributed Excel Application

Hi,

I have a failry simple application written in Excel. A few forms,
modules, functions etc.

Basically it provides a means for users to collect data in a controlled
stand alone manner.

While the application itself is failry easy to deploy as an XLS file
and the end users can happily use it. I have been pondering how I
could deploy the application in a way that if I needed to update the
application in the future I could do this without affecting or needing
to move the underlying data. eg someting like an add-in (but it isn't
really an add-in - aqlthough ahppy for ideas).

In essence it would be like a database that has the application and the
data seperated as a front/back end, although I am trying to avoid
having to use two workbooks to achieve this as I don't want to
complicate things for the users.

Any thoughts or ideas or examples of how this can or has been done.

Much appreciated.

Jason.