Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Drummer361 Drummer361 is offline

Default Decimal Formatting in Windows English vs European Formatting

Hello,

I am currently working on a project that is used in America, Europe,
and South America, etc.

I have a line of code that works and formats the ComboBox decimals
properly in English, but when I change the Windows Language Options to
German, Spanish, French, etc, (the decimal and periods are reversed) it
gives me a VB Error on the line of code below:

UserForm1.ComboBox1.Value = Format(UserForm1.ComboBox1.Value, "#0.000")

The line of code above is used to format the ComboBox value on page
entry. Does anybody have any idea why this won't work in European
languages?

Also, this line of code happens to work perfectly in all languages
tested so far:

For j = 12 To 23
ComboBox1.AddItem Format((Worksheets("Worksheet1").Cells(j,
11).Value), "#0.000")
Next j

This adds and formats the entries from the Cells to the ComboBox
dropdown menu. It works fine in all languages.

Your help and suggestions are appreciated!