Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Cannot Activate Chart Area in Chart. Chart Object Failed

1. If the chart has no data to plot, there may not be a plot area to select.

2. Don't keep selecting all the objects. It will be faster and less
distracting this way:

With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("WhatMatters").Chart.Plot Area
' do whatever to the plot area
End With

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am working to update the series source in a chart. I have an excel
template in which I copy 2 worksheets into my workbook.

I would like to edit one chart using my VBA code. I am getting Method
PlotArea of Object '_Chart' Failed.

The code is below.

Thanks for your help.

Sheets(1).Select
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("WhatMatters").Activate
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select