ראובן

Default Is Excel reliable

I'm using excel for years but today I was shocked. almost died.
While summarizing a column of numbers, the summary was incorrect.
I suspected that few cells contained text rather than numbers so I
multiplied every cell in the column and got the correct number.
So I assume that sometimes excel ignores cells and sometimes considers them.
What if the numbers are significant amounts of money? How can I rely on excel?
I will be happy to send this little sheet to you.
do i have to crosscheck every spreadsheet i use?
reuven