Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JON JON JON JON is offline

Default How to prevent "Changed ... Save?" Message after disabling Shape?

Sorry I do not fully undestand your question but you have tried this kind of
code in the thisworkbook module?

Me.Saved = True
End Sub

"Joe HM" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello -

I posted this question before but I have narrowed down what the problem
is.

I have a workbook with a button that I want to disable when it is
opened in read-only (just to prevent people from pressing it). So I
use

If ThisWorkbook.ReadOnly Then
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes(1).ControlFor mat.Enabled =
False

The problem is that this somehow triggers Excel to detect a change and
as whether to save the workbook upon closing.

I used ThisWorkbook.Saved = True after this but it did not make a
difference. I even used the Application.EnableEvents = False/True
around it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe