Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
greppinfunk greppinfunk is offline

Default Templates

Hi,

I'm currently working on an excel application which is in its final
stages and near completion there is just one aspect I can't seem to
fix.

I have a main excel file (system.xls) which has many sheets and a front
sheet with various buttons linking to other workbooks and 1 button is
suppose to link to form which can be filled out and saved this form is
a template file. The template also links back to system.xls some of its
drop down lists and lookup tables come from this sheet.

The problem I have is when I try to use either VBA command for opening
a file or template it's either open for editing or I get a dialog
asking me to update the data (which is pointless as both buttons break
the linking). I also tried a hyperlinking the file but this just opens
it for editing as well... another weird thing was when I tried to do a
hyperlink to the folder it was in it so you could just double click the
template I still get the update errors. But If I run my main file, then
browse and open the template through windows it works fine.

Basically all I need to know is, is there a way to open a template from
inside another excel spreadsheet without all this nonsense about
updating values?

--
greppinfunk
greppinfunk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37096