Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Change cell color based on another cell value

Conditional formatting seems tailor made for what you want. See
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"chris46521" wrote
in message ...

I would like to have the fill color of a cell column B change if the
value in another cell in the same row is "Y" or "y." I don't want to
use conditional formatting because there are already a large number of
Ys in column H and the info in column B needs to remain the same for
those cells. I want the cells to change color just for new entries. I
tried copying code from another worksheet but I could not get it to
work. What would be a simple code for doing this? Thanks!

--
chris46521
chris46521's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568080