Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
erickras erickras is offline

Default Find/Replace functions VERY slow when visibility = false

Thanks Jim, unfortunately this had no effect.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

I am not saying that yoiur description is incorrect but it does sound odd. My
best guess as to wha tis actually affecting your code is that with each
replacement the book is recalculating. That would account for the speed
issue. To test this assumption turn off calculation (tools - options -
Calculation) and try re-running your macro. If that fixes the speed issue
then use code something like this...

Sub Whatever
On error goto ErrorHandler
application.calculation = xlManual
'Your replace code here...
Errorhandler:
application.calculation = xlAutomatic
End sub
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"erickras" wrote:

When trying to automate the find/replace functions I am running into an issue
where the process takes several minutes when I set the instance's visibility
property to false. The same process takes only seconds when I set the
visibilito to true.

A requirement is that this is kept hidden so I cannot leave the visibilty
set to true. I have also tried selecting and activating the range with no
difference in results.

Can anyone explain the reason why the visibility property has this effect on
the find and replace functions?