Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default Getting input within macro without the input box

Thanks PAul that was exactly the kind of solution I was looking for. Simple
and straight forward. Some additional points of clarification for anyone else
following this train:

IN Excel 2000, I was able to link a total of 44 individual cells, Admittedly
32 or so were contiguous. By defining these contiguous cells as a range
within the named range, I was able to get ALL cells into one named range.

I then used a command button with macro to "goto" the range. This solution
really fit the niche here.

Thanks for your idea and directions. I certainly learned a new trick here,
that will get lots of use in the future!

Thanks again

JR

"Paul D. Simon" wrote:

JR:

I don't know if this exactly satisfies your needs, but here's a way to
have the Enter key or Tab key go to each of the cells you specify in
the exact order you specify regardless of where they are. And you will
not need to protect your worksheet in order for this to work.

1. Select the second cell of your input sequence, which in your case is
cell G1.
2. Hold down <Ctrl and continue to select all the rest of the cells in
your desired sequence ending with your first cell last (i.e., C4, E4,
G4, D5, F5, C7, A12, E12, F12, H12, B1)
3. While the cells are still selected, click in the name box and give
this range a short name, such as "Entry1". (Don't use the name
"Input".)
4. Now click anywhere in the spreadsheet to unhighlight the cells (and
again, do not protect the sheet).
5. Click the down arrow at the end of the name box and choose the name
you gave this range (e.g., "Entry1").
6. The cells you specified in #2 above will now be highlighted with
cell B1 (the actual first cell in your sequence) the active cell.

Now, when you make an entry in cell B1 and hit either <Enter or <Tab,
the cell pointer will move to the next cell in the sequence you chose.

Hope this helps you.