Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Data Validation Behavior

Excel XP, Win XP
Scenario 1:
Cell A1 is not a Data Validation cell.
Cell C1 is a Data Validation cell, with a list of dates of one month.
Enter a date in A1.
A Worksheet _Change macro fires and enters a date 7 days less than A1
into C1.
The Data Validation in C1 defaults to that date (7 days less than A1).

Scenario 2:
Same scenario except that A1 is a Data Validation cell as well as C1
with the same list.
Select a date in A1.
The Change macro fires.
Nothing is entered into C1.
C1 Data Validation does not default the A1-7
Why?
I know that I can write code to change the list for C1 to start at 7 days
less that A1. But why doesn't the default thing work? Thanks for your
time? Otto