Peo Sjoblom

One way

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C6:C265="A"),--(A6:A265="Vocal Production"),B6:B265)

you would be well advised to change the hard coded criteria like "A" and
"Vocal Production"
to cell references where you can change the criteria without editing the
formula

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"MusicTeacher" wrote in message
I am trying to customize my gradebook and found a hurdle I can't seem to
jump. In daily grades, students are evaluated in up to 19 catagories -
Column A (welcome to modern education). I need to be able to adjust the
points possible - Column B-for each child - Columns C and up - if they
are
absent for an activity. What I would like the function to do is something
along the lines of .... if C6:C265="A" and if A6:A265="Vocal Production"
then
Sum B6:B265. I would then take that result and subtract it from the
points
possible in "Vocal Production" before the student's grade is calculated.
What are the right words to make it work? Or do I need to approach it
from a
completely different direction?