Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Excel Spreadsheet Protection

Mike,
You could use the _BeforeSave event to check if it a .Save or .SaveAs.
If .Save, do nothing as it updating the original.
If .SaveAs, remove the protection of the worksheet(s) first.

NickHK

"Mike" .(donotspam) wrote in message
Hello,
I have a protected Excel spreadsheet that is available for use by a large
population. I would like to allow users to manupulate any saved copies.
Currently, when you save a copy to your personal desktop the protection is
still active and users can not make the spreadsheet their own. How do I
protect the original document but allow user manipulation of copies?
--
Michael J. Nowak
Energy Systems/Dow Chemical