Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Prevent someone from renaming a workbook

If you can arrange for the WB to be saved to a folder where users do not
have permission to do that, you can leave to the OS.
Otherwise, when the WB is saved with it's legitimate name, store that name
some in the WB; on a hidden sheet or may be .CustomProperty.
Then when it's opened, you can see if it has changed and react accordingly.

NickHK

"Sethaholic" wrote
in message ...

Thanks for the help and response! You are awesome.

One thing though, I like the concept of preventing someone from opening
a workbook if the workbook name has changed, but in my case, the files
are created and named in a very complex way. For example, a file name
is created for the file depending on the date and time that it is
downloaded. So the file name could be something like
WBBI_2006073116434. I don't want users to be able to rename the file,
yet if they do rename the file manually, then they won't be able to
access the workbook (which is good). However, they probably won't be
able to remember the "old" filename, so they will never be able to
access the file again. What can I do to solve this?

Any advice at all would be very helpful. Thanks again!!

--
Sethaholic
Sethaholic's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567534