Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pagates pagates is offline

Default Creating Subdirectory in "Default User" App Data

Hello All,

We have an Excel Add-In that creates an INI file in a subfolder under the
Application Data section of the current user ("C:\Documents and
Settings\CURRENTUSER\Application Data\Our Company\Our
Product\OurOptions.INI"). If the Add-In is used in a background process, it
attempts to create the folders under the Default User (usually "C:\Documents
and Settings\Default User\Application Data"). The problem is, it doesn't
have permission to do so, and hangs the process. However, if the "Our
Company" folder exists, it does have permission and creates the "Our Product"
folder with no problem.

Does anybody know of a way to create the "Our Company" folder automatically
under the Default User's Application Data path?

Thanks,
PAGates