Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Disappearing grid lines

Change "while" to "white". One of these days I'm going to learn how to
spell. Otto
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Peter
Bingo!!! You are spot on! Every cell I was copying had a while
pattern. The OP did this to get a specific appearance. I will tell him
how to do that without the white pattern. Thanks for your time. Otto
If the copied cell's interior format has a pattern (eg Solid) when you
paste
you will lose gridlines to cell neighbours. It might not be obvious if
the
copied cell's interior colour is white or xlAutomatic. Borders may or may
not get pasted, depends where the borders were originally applied. Eg
bottom
border applied to A1, copy & paste A2 no top border in the destination,
and no top gridline if say Solid.

Regards,
Peter T

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel XP, Win XP
I am copying a series of cells in a For loop and pasting them somewhere
else. The destination cells have the normal grid lines and no borders.

The
source cells have borders around each cell. I am using the following

code:
j.Copy
Dest.Offset(cc).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

After pasting, the destination cells have no grid lines. Why? And how
do

get the grid lines back? Thanks for your time. Otto
PS: I am helping an OP with this file that he built. He has a MAC and
have a PC. Could this be a factor?