Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Add in doesn't work on other pc

Ignore the bit about calling convention, as I missed the bit that you had it
working on your PC.
However, post a couple of Declares.

NickHK
P.S. I have seen this if your DLL has a/some dependencies missing and
consequently can't load.
Check that all the files your DLL requires are present on the new PC.

"NickHK" wrote in message
If this was created in in VC++, which calling convention is used.
VB/VBA only supports __stdcall not __cdecl.
http://www.codeproject.com/dll/dll_calling.asp

Show a sample of you Declares.

NickHK

"yanne" wrote in message
Hey Tom,

Thank you for your quick answer! I have distributed the DLL as well on

the
other PC's system32 folder. I also tried putting it into another folder

and
including its path in the VBA code but it wouldn't work.

Does the DLL really need to be registered on the other computer if it's

only
a plain basic DLL that I made with VC++ and includes only the functions

need plus the Dllmain entry point? Isn't this only the case with ActiveX

DLLs
and such? My DLL doesn't even include the function srvreg32 is looking

for
when registering.

I tried to register my DLL with the srvreg32 but for some reason it
complains about not finding the dll eventhough I include the whole path

in
the command.

Best Regards,
Janne Ervasti

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

did you distribute the DLL and register it on that machine with

Regsvr32?

Tom Ogilvy

"yanne" wrote:

Hi! I made an add in for excel 2000 on my pc. In the add in I'm

using
or
simply declaring functions inside a DLL using VBA. The DLL and add

in
work
just fine on my own computer but when I try to use them on another

similar
system(excel 2000) the add in stops working and shows the error

report
"#VALUE!" for every result on any function. Is there something I am

missing
or is it possible to distribute this kind of add in to other pcs?

Thank you
for any comments regarding my problem!

-Janne Ervasti