Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Default Hiding Columns running slow

I'm afraid I don't know much else that can be done with it.

"Armando" wrote:

Thanks for the help but I am still having the same situation.

"JMB" wrote:

This may help some:

With Worksheets("Report Data").PageSetup
.Orientation = xlLandscape
.PaperSize = xlPaperLegal
.PrintGridlines = True
End With

"Armando" wrote:

Hello everyone. This might sound like a real dumb question but it is my first
time using vb in excel. I created a form that allows users to hide columns by
using the checkboxes on the form. That piece of the code works fine problem
is when I format the worksheet onload it slows down the column hidding
tremendously. The format setting are as follows:

Worksheets("Report Data").Activate
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Orientation = xlLandscape
Worksheets("Report Data").PageSetup.PaperSize = xlPaperLegal
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PaperSize = xlPaperLegal
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintGridlines = True

I am sure these settings are what are causing the slow down because when I
comment them out it begins to run fast again. I also tried each one
individually, it seems to be something with PageSetup. The code above is in
the onload of the workbook. If anybody has any suggestions I would really
appreciate it.