Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ronald S. Cook Ronald S. Cook is offline

Default How refer to current date in Excel SQL query?

But what I'm writing is write in the SQL query window so I can't establish
variables, etc.

I tried the below but it didn't work either:

SELECT e.EVENTNAME, e.EVENTDATE
FROM EVENT e
WHERE (e.EVENTDATE = DateValue(Now())
ORDER BY e.EVENTDATE

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ronald, Here is the way I handle the Date issue..

strToday = DateValue(Now())

SQL = Select * from MyTable where DateField < strToday

Ronald S. Cook wrote:
I'm trying to use Microsoft Query within Excel to write a SQL query
against
a data set.

SELECT e.EVENTNAME, e.EVENTDATE
FROM EVENT e
WHERE (e.EVENTDATE = DATE()
ORDER BY e.EVENTDATE

In the above, DATE() is not correct to get the current system date. I
tried
DATE, NOW, NOW(), GETDATE, GETDATE(), TODAY, TODAY().. now of which
worked.

Can someoine please tell me the correct syntax?

Thanks!
Ron