Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MattShoreson[_135_] MattShoreson[_135_] is offline

Default Class quirk?

I have a module which instantiates a class to set up an ado connection.

I have a variable:
Private p_strFileName As String

I have a property:
Friend Property Let ADOFileName(ByVal strFileName As String)
p_strFileName = strFileName
End Property
Friend Property Get ADOFileName() As String
ADOFileName = p_strFileName
End Property

in the method I have:
Set p_Connection = New ADODB.Connection
p_Connection.Open "Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};"
& _
"Dbq=" & ADOFileName & ";" & _
"Extensions=asc,csv,tab,txt;"

which causes an error. However, If i hard-code the path in the
method:
strpath = "C:\WINDOWS\Documents and
Settings\username\Desktop\Folders\Quantitive\Test"
Set p_Connection = New ADODB.Connection
p_Connection.Open "Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};"
& _
"Dbq=" & strpath & ";" & _
"Extensions=asc,csv,tab,txt;"

I'm missing something here and I cant see what.
tia,
matt.

--
MattShoreson