Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MH MH is offline

Default Connecting Excel, Access and SQL Server

This is really an Access question...so here's the Access answer:

When you use linked tables in Access, tick the checkbox that says something
like "Remember Password" and guess what? You guessed it, Access remembers
the password so you don't have to supply it.

MH

Access is used to do queries that SQL Server cannot (we have a older
version).

Just out of interest, what version of SQL Server are you running that Access
is used to do queries it cannot? What type of queries?

"mp80237" wrote in message
I have a Access database connected to a SQL server. When I connect to the
Access database it requests the username and password to the SQL server.
Access is used to do queries that SQL Server cannot (we have a older
version). I added a link to Excel to create my charts (excel cannot
handle
the full queries Access can). When I link Excel to Access to get my data,
any query or report that has a table that is linked to the SQL server I
get
the following error: ODBC - connection to "[My SQL SERVER NAMEJ" failed.
Now, if I use a query for a table that I created that is not linked to the
SQL Server it links perfectly and I can refresh fine. Any ideas?
I connect by data - import external data - New database query Thanks!