mallets123

Thanks for all of your help, I've got it to work like I want it, however
I now need it to list these state abbreviations that are different in a
series of cells.

Basically my example is I have a groups that are traveling to different
states. I've got excel counting how many different states were visited.
Now I need excel to list them in a series of cells so I can count the
total number of different states visited between several groups.
Whoah....

I'm using

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(LEN(F5:F8)0,MATCH(F5:F8,F5:F 8,0),""),IF(LEN(F5:F8)0,MATCH(F5:F8,F5:F8,0),"")) 0,1))

this counts the different states incountered.

If two groups are traveling in different time frames but I need to keep
a cumulative total of different states visited, isn't it correct to list
the states seperately somewhere where excel can count the total of both
groups?

Please help...

--
mallets123