Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin McCartney Kevin McCartney is offline

Default German language issues with macros - Office 2003 version

Hi Colin,

I've written several macros/vba code in English and my workbooks have been
used all over the Globe. There was no additional code required. Your problem
may lie in how you're referencing items within the Excel environment, e.g.
menu items by name a spelt differently but their menu IDs are the same, so
reference menu items by ID and you'll be OK. Formulas are also different but
if you're updating cells with formulas by code then you should be OK in that
Excel will translate them for you.

Can you be a little bit more specific about what error message(s) your end
users see when they try to start your Excel workbook add-in. It would help to
narrow the problem down a lot more if you had specific line statement.

Hope to hear from you
ciao
KM

"Colinhp" wrote:

I work in a company with users in Germany, France and Spain. Their computers
would be set up for their native languages.
They can not open or use a tool I created in Excel which has macros written
in English. My computer is set up for UK use.
Is there additional code I should be writing for these users, that converts
English to their native language or are macros universal in their behaviour?
If the answer is yes, what is it I should be adding?
Many thanks.