Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
floep[_4_] floep[_4_] is offline

Default Problems with filtering and output

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the script ... it works great. I want to make the
spreadsheet a little bit more advanced though.

These are the columns for worksheet A :
column 1 : item description
column 2 - 5 : type. Each item can be of one or more specific types. A
cross is added if the item belongs to a specific type. There are a
total of 4 possible types.
column 6 - 8 : C. This is a property of the item. There are 3 different
classes of this property. A cross is added if an item has a specific
property.
column 9 - 11 : I. This is a property of the item. There are 3
different classes of this property. A cross is added if an item has a
specific property.
column 12 - 16 : A. This is a property of the item. There are 3
different classes of this property. A cross is added if an item has a
specific property.

The previous script can cope with the filtering in columns 2-5 but I've
got a new problem for columns 6 - 14. The previous script gives me a
list of items for a specific type (eg item 1 (type N), item 2 (type N),
item3 (type N)). These items have different properties based on
parameters.

Eg if the parameters are CL, IM, A3 I have to filter all the crosses in
column 6, 10 and 14. If the parameters are CH, IH, A1 I have to filter
in column 8, 11 and 12. Therefor the final result could have less items
in the output (eg item 1 (type N), item 2 (type N))

Can you integrate this in the script please ?
Floep

--
floep
floep's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36853