Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rollover99 via OfficeKB.com rollover99 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default find function

I have sheet1 that has:

CompanyName SellTo
xzy company 1234
abc comany 4567

And sheet2 that has just company:

Company
xyz
rutter
abc

I am trying to do something like a vlookup but this is with names from the
second sheet that fit into the first sheet. I understand that I may be able
to use the find function but I am not familiar with it. What it is I am
trying to do is find all the words in the cell in sheet 2 that match sheet
1's, but they will not be exact because sheet 1 may have more text. Almost
like in access (Like "*" & 'xyz' &"*") but in this case it would be cell 'a1'
instead of xyz.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated...