Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Les Les is offline

Default Help with combining strings

I should have been more specific:

Dim rmarkfor As String
Dim qtenum As String
Dim dlrname As String
Dim alltext As String

rmarkfor = CStr(Range("C5"))
qtenum = CStr(Range("F5"))
dlrname = CStr(Range("C7"))
alltext = "Qte #:" & qtenum & "-" & dlrname & "," & rmarkfor
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "Iccquote", alltext

--
Les Torchia-Wells

"Rookie_User" wrote:

How does that get me the results of the subject line?

"Les" wrote:

When declaring your variables use strings:
i.e. Dim qtenum as String

When setting your variables force a text conversion for each cell.
i.e. qtenum = Cstr(Range("F5"))

Finally, do not use the word "Set" when assigning your variables.

--
Les Torchia-Wells

"Rookie_User" wrote:

Please I need immediate help to understand this. I store values in rmarkfor,
qtenum,dlrname -- I would like the subject line of the email to read like
this:
To: Iccquote
Subject Quote # (the value of qtenum), (value of dlrname), (value of rmarkfor)

But it keeps giving me a compile error.

Set rmarkfor = Range("C5")
Set qtenum = Range("F5")
Set dlrname = Range("C7")
Set alltext = "Qte #:" & qtenum & "-" & dlrname & rmarkfor
With ExlPpsl
.SendMail "Iccquote", _
& alltext
End With