Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] dymind@gmail.com is offline

Default Conditional Seperation of Rows

Well, I was basing my conditional statement on the fact that if T2-T1 =
30 then there is a valid progression ie 100, 130, 200, etc ... so in
your scenario the same conditional statement would yield 1.

My main boggle is selecting a row ... cutting or copying that row and
then subsequently moving that to another location ...

I was trying it with some combination of
//there is a for loop in there for a known number of rows and this is
the body of my else statement
rngOff = rng.get_range("A" + i + ":L" + i, missing);
rngOff.cut(rng.get_offset(0, 1));

BUT! this is doing it correctly for the first row but not for each
subsequent row b/c it doesn't move the entire "section" down ... if i
used a range say A1:L36 in get_range it still makes no difference ...

does that make any more sense?

NickHK wrote:
Paul,
So (T2-T1)/30 should give you the number of 30 minute period between the 2
times ?
But then some of your values are not valid; 100, 200, 230

Or am I missing something ?

NickHK

"Paul Shoemaker" wrote in message
I have a particularly frustrating problem ... I have a column of values

like:

0
30
100
200
230
330

These are time stamps that correspond as follows 0 = 12:00am, 1 = 12:30am,
etc .

There are times missing in any given report (it's a sql pull) and i need

fill in the blanks. There are whole rows of data that are associated with
these time stamps. What I need to do is compare every two rows to see if
there are inconsistencies ... essentially it follows a difference of 30
between every row. In pseudo code I see it like this:

for loop (from first cell to last cell)
excel.range rngTop
excel.range rngBottom
does rngBottom - rngTop = 30?
if yes then move to the next cell down
if no then select the entire row and all subsequent rows to the end
then move the selection to one row below it
move down the column
repeat same action

Any ideas?

I'm using VSTO 2005 and C# as my preferred language. If you are more
comfortable with VB then that's fine, I'll attempt to translate. It is
really coming down to my lack of knowledge of the object model. Thank you

in
advance for any help you can give.

Paul