Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
N10 N10 is offline

Default Charting question

"ChartsToBe" wrote in message
So I am trying to Chart data from numerous worksheets and I am not sure
how
this works. So lets say I have a workbook with 3 worksheets named
"Build1",
"Build2", "Build3". Each of these sheets holds the same type of data, but
the data is all related to that specific build. On each sheet, I have
several test names, with performance-related data.

On a separate sheet i want to put a scatter chart, that has the test names
on the X axis, times on the y axis, with each series as a different color.

So far I have this:

myChart = myWorkbook.Charts.Add(missing, missing, missing,
missing) as Excel.Chart;
myExcelApp.ActiveChart.ChartType =
Excel.XlChartType.xlXYScatterLines;

And I have this, but it doesn't seem to do what I want...

myExcelApp.ActiveChart.SetSourceData(myWorksheet.g et_Range("A2",
"D12"), Excel.XlRowCol.xlRows);

myExcelApp.ActiveChart.Location(Excel.XlChartLocat ion.xlLocationAsObject,
"Sheet_Name");

Question:
1. How do I have the chart grab the sourcedata from numerous sheets?

Hi There

I have had to perform a similar task in the past.

My work around involved copying all the data be graphed to a single pair of
ranges ( hide them if you want) and thereafter setting the X and Y data
columns as range variables.

At this point you simply use the range variables to set the approiate
chart series ;

Here is an example I use

Range("B2").Select
Dim task As Range
Set task = Selection
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = task

There are probey many more elegant ways to achieve the same out come but as
no one else appeared to answer you I thought Id reply.

Hope it helps

N10