Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chet Chet is offline

Default Windows().activate generating obj reqd msg why?

Why do i get object required error message? I have a workbook open
(called FltSchedFileToOpen) and when I use the code below I get an
object reqd error message run-time error 424. Is Excel not sure what
workbook I'm talking about maybe? (This error has perplexed me in the
past.)

Windows(FltSchedFileToOpen.name).Activate
Sheets(1).Copy After:=Workbooks(savename).Sheets(4)

where FltSchedFileToOpen equals C:\Documents and Settings\fdxuser\My
Documents\Flight Schedule\2006-08 Flt
Sched\2006-08_OAK_flt_sched_prelim_raw05-20-06_analyzed.xls

The reason I am using the name command also is because the variable
FltSchedFileToOpen includes the path and I don't think I need that when
I'm using the Windows().activate command.

Thanks,
Chet