Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DAV135 DAV135 is offline

Default Probably something really simple...

I'm trying to create a calendar/organiser within Excel to schedule a
workload. To do this, i've set up a page which has a list of all the
jobs, the time its due to start and also how long it will take.

On another tab, I have a visual representation of this using coloured
cells. What I'm trying to do is loop through the job page, take the
time when a job is due to start and then find the time on the second
tab and simply put a '1' in the adjacent cell.

The problem that i have is that I cannot get Excel to recognize my data
as a time, therefore for 12:00 the variable shows 0.5 on the 2nd tab,
however on the 1st tab, the cell which shows 12:00 actually has the
figure of 0.5000000002 so it does not see it as a match.

My times are all broken down into 5 minutes (9:00 9:05 etc)

Any advice??

Thanks