Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
T588 T588 is offline

Default Problems Distributing a Shared Workbook

Is the sheet or workbook protected ?
Try unprotecting it.

"Dominic" wrote in message
Heh, good point, but no, it is writeable.

"NickHK" wrote:

Dominic,
Wild guess, but is the file Read-Only ?

NickHK

"Dominic" wrote in message
Hi

I have created an excel workbook to automate some menial administrative
tasks normally acomplished through kludgy web interfaces using a web
query
and some buttons.

This works fine for me. However when I try and run the workbook on

anyother
team member's machine it dies with the error:

Runtime error '1004':
This command is not available in a shared workbook.

The strange thing is that I never made this a shared workbook. For some
reason the shared workbook options under 'Tools' are greyed out. One of

the
solutions mentioned in MS help was to 'Save As' the workbook to another
location. This doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Dominic