Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Loss of characters (? instead)

As far as I can tell, saving the file as xlTextPrinter only includes ANSI
characters, so anything greater than ASC(255) will appear as a "?".
If you use xlUnicodeText instead, does it work correctly ?

There is also the TextCodePage argument to the .SaveAs method, but as the
help says "Not used in U.S. English Microsoft Excel", I can't tell you if it
would help you.

NickHK

"IngDah_Blk" wrote
in message ...

Thanks for the response.
I was not aware that 28603 was the codepage for Estland, although I
know the macro is for Estland.
The major change I want to make, is making this macro suitable voor
Letland, because it doesn't now.
According to the documentation of codepages, 28603 is the codepage for
ISO 8859-13 Latin 7 (Baltic) which should also support Letland
characters.
I haven't used a printer yet, I just open the created file with Word or
Excel and then the ? appear.

--
IngDah_Blk
IngDah_Blk's Profile: