Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Schedule a Macro

Hi Chip,

Yeah, it works in the File/Open menu as well. I think I was
confabulating this with trying to open an add-in without running the code.
Been a long day.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Workbook_Open event, which does not get stopped by the Shift key?

Indeed, holding down the SHIFT key does not stop Workbook_Open when you
open the file from a folder window (double clicking). However, the SHIFT
key does stop Workbook_Open when you open the file from the MRU list on
the File menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message
"macroplay" wrote in message
Can the windows task scheduler be setup to open an excel workbook and
run a
specific macro. I know I could use auto_open but I've found this
problematic
since there is no way to stop the auto_open code from running so if
there's a
bug it's impossible to fix (pressing shift while opening the file
doesn;t
work).

I've used Auto_Open macros for as long as they've been around, and
holding down the Shift key while opening the workbook always stops them
from running. Are you sure you aren't confusing this with the