Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default min function

try this idea where you first find the minimum and then wrap into a min(if array formula which must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter.

=MIN(IF(B1:B21MIN(B:B),B1:B21))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dean" wrote in message ...
I often use the min function to check that no value in a huge block is negative, generally something that is unallowed. However there are exceptions and, once I verify that some cell really should is an exception and should be negative, I want to exclude that value from my min evaluation, without having to break it up into multiple ranges. Or, failing that, perhaps a cleverly written macro could be used to automatically change the range into the sub-ranges which are above, below, left, and right of it? I suppose that would get tricky if you had to do it a 2nd or 3rd time, a real possibility.

Is there some way, where you can get the minimum of this entire block of cells, but exclude this one (or more) single cells, which is somewhere in the middle? Or some clever trick?

Dean