Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default Import xls file into Excel using VBA

Hi all,

I'm positive someone can help me, because I've seen people hint at the
answer. Unfortunately, I just haven't found a code example.

I have an excel file that I'm writing a macro for. What I want to do is
have the user select a file (I used Application.getOpenFilename) and then the
macro will append the data from the selected file to the bottom of a specific
worksheet.

I tried using DAO objects to read the file, but I get error "3274: External
table is not in the expected format".
Code is:
Dim excelFile as DAO.Database
Set excelFile = OpenDatabase(FileName, False, False, "Excel 8.0;")
I'm not sure what could be the problem with the file, as it's just a
standard Excel file. I'm not aware of any issues with the data in the
worksheet.

If I was importing a CSV file, I could find lots of examples, but I'm
striking out with the excel to excel. If anyone can point me in the right
direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jay