Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default International Date Conversion to Values

use cdate to do the conversion. It will utilize teh English format if that
is what your regional settings are.

for each cell in selection
cell.value = cdate(trim(cell.Value))
cell.Numberformat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Ligaya" wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying to program in VB converting International dates to values.

2. The original dates are formatted as general with a blank character at the
beginning of the date " 01/06/2006". I got the VB running to eliminate the
blank character.

3. I got the vb running to convert the International date to English
06/01/2006. However ,the dates passed 12/06/2006 (e.g 13/06/2006) remains in
this format and also has a general format and does not convert to values..

Example of Dates

01/06/2006
10/06/2006
12/06/2006