Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
macroplay macroplay is offline

Default HELP! Network Hung

The macro runs every 5 minutes from an excel timer trigger. Every 5minute run
the macro does about 40 or more qureytables out to various web pages. At the
end of the run it starts the 5 minute excel timer again. So basically the
macro runs endlessly (or I want it to) every 5 minutes.

I guess I'll have to consider your advice.

Thanks,

john

"Rob Bovey" wrote:

"macroplay" wrote in message
The fix didn't help. the Macro ran for about 13 hours then the network
interface hung. To speed up coding the fix all I did was delete all the
defined names and querytables at the end of every loop of the macro
instead
of reusing querytables. I assumed this would have the same effect.

13 hours? How many of these are you running? It's quite possible there's
some kind of minor resource leak going on that wouldn't normally cause
problems until you run query tables for very long periods of time. My best
advice would be to break this up into smaller batches and restart Excel in
between.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm